Ship Power strategy
We will be recognised as the leading solution provider in the marine industry.
This will be done by:
- Maintaining our position as the leading system integrator in the shipbuilding industry
- Seeking further growth through offering lifecycle solutions for ship owners and operators in close co-operation with Services
- Providing the most competitive products in the market
Wärtsilä Ship Power's strategy is to be the leading ship power solutions provider including ship design, engines, generating sets, reduction gears, propulsion equipment, automation and power distribution systems, as well as sealing solutions for the marine industry. We combine the best products and engineering capabilities into unique solutions for the specific needs of our customers and provide an offering, which is the broadest in the industry. We are proud to offer environmentally sound and sustainable solutions. We continuously explore possibilities to extend our product and solutions portfolio and the related services we offer. Further growth will be sought by offering solutions for ship yards, ship owners and operators in close co-operation with Wärtsilä Services. We will seek growth organically, through acquisitions and partnerships, and we will continue to strengthen our geographic presence in our key markets, especially in the BRIC countries.
Ship Power strengths
- Highly rated products and solutions including ship design, engines, generating sets, reduction gears, propulsion equipment, automation and power distribution systems, as well as sealing solutions
- Broadest product portfolio and global presence in all the major segments of the industry
- Understanding of customer needs and finding optimal solutions for these needs
Power Plants strategy
- We will maintain our leading position in HFO power plants
- We will grow strongly in large utility gas power plants
- We will grow in power plants using renewables by enabling a wide fuel range
- We will grow in oil & gas and emergency power applications by introducing our value proposition to the industry globally
Our strategic aim is to be the market leader in our target segments: flexible baseload power, industrial self-generation, grid stability & peaking, and in power solutions for the oil and gas industry. Our products are based on tried and tested concepts and deliver competitive costs, high efficiency, operational flexibility, low environmental impact, and exceptional, continuously expanding fuel flexibility. Our strategic goal is to maintain our leading position in heavy fuel oil fired power plants. This will be done by further enhancing our value proposition through guaranteed performance, high efficiency and flexibility in both fuel and operating mode. We seek growth in the market for large utility gas power plants by influencing and actively developing selected target markets. Our wide range of fuels makes it possible for us to further grow in the market for power plants using renewable fuels. We focus on products and projects that provide unquestionable environmental benefits and make economical sense. Whatever the fuel and wherever the market, Wärtsilä's solutions maximise the efficiency of the entire power plant. We will also seek growth in oil & gas and emergency power applications.
Power Plants strengths
- Flexibility in operations and fuel
- Energy efficiency
- Emission compliance and competitive capital cost
Our customers recognise Wärtsilä as their services partner: competitive, trusted and easy to deal with.
- We will maximise our market share with our present customer base and present portfolio
- We will extend our offering with new products in existing customer segments
- We will grow by providing service agreements with new Ship Power and Power Plants deliveries
- We will become the market leader in our industry in environmental upgrade and retrofit solutions
In Services, our objective is to maximise our current market share in the marine and power plant markets with our present offering. Together with our customers, we create and deliver solutions that improve operational efficiency and profitability. We offer our clients 24/7 support in the fields of logistics, technical support and field service. Being the only player in the market able to provide such a wide range of solutions from a single source noticeably strengthens our competitive position. We will extend our offering through acquisitions and offer new value-enhancing products to our existing customer segments. We combine service solutions with new equipment sales into lifecycle solutions meeting the specific needs of our customers. We work in close co-operation with Ship Power and Power Plants to deliver this.
Our broad portfolio of environmental services is focused on helping our customers deal with different environmental challenges, with special focus on optimising lifecycle efficiency, minimising environmental impact by reducing air and water emissions and minimising waste volumes for both land based power plants and ship installations. Our target is to become the industry leader in environmental upgrade and retrofit solutions by developing world-class competences and creating a new value-enhancing offering.
The size and scope of the Services business creates stability in a changing market environment and provides a platform for future growth.
- Long-term relationships with customers and deep understanding of their needs
- Broadest services offering in the industry
- Integrated offering with Ship Power and Power Plants